Efficient Tool to Retrieve Data from External HDD
Whether it is computer’s internal or external hard drive, it is an integral part of any computer. External hard drive in other word portable hard drive is basically used as a backup storage device, and is used to transfer all our important files during several instances including before formatting, reformatting, partitioning, installing, and reinstalling the operating system on our computer. Not only as backup device, external hard drive also used to store and safeguard our various files such as videos, pictures, audios, MS Word files, PPT files, spreadsheets, games, etc.
Like other storage device, external hard drives are also not free from data loss problems. You may lose your crucial data from external hard drive either due to your own mistake or some technical issues. Now, it is the time to know the major reasons behind deletion or loss of files from external hard drives, so that you can be careful and try to avoid such mistakes in future
- Unintentionally deleting the important files while removing unwanted files in order to free up the disk space can result in permanent deletion of the files
- If any interruptions such as operating system crash, abrupt ejection of external hard drive from the system, or sudden power outage while transferring files from external hard drive to your system or vice versa can lead to data loss
- If dreaded viruses and malwares intrudes your external hard drive, then it can result in the corruption of the hard drive that in turn lead to inaccessibility of the drive
- Formatting the external hard drive unintentionally instead of formatting the internal hard drive partition of your computer without data backup results in entire data loss from that particular drive
- File system corruption, deletion by third party tools, presence of excessive bad sectors, ejection of external hard drive without using Safe Remove option, etc. are the other factors behind data loss from external hard drive
Remo Recover – External hard drive recovery software:
If you are suffering from any of these data loss scenarios, then stop worrying, as the files deleted or lost are nor gone permanently from external hard drive. Once the files are lost or deleted from external hard drive, only the pointer pointing to those files are removed, and the actual files are still intact in their original location, but being made invisible for the Windows operating system. You can recover those files with the help of Remo external hard drive recovery software. This tool has fastest recovery engine that helps in identifying and recovering more than 300 types of files such as videos, images, audios, Word documents, PPT files, excel sheets, and many more. In fact, it allows its users to evaluate it before purchasing by providing free demo edition to download and run. After recovering all the files, it allows you to view the recoverable files with its in-built Preview button. If you are satisfied with the tool, activate the complete version and save the recovered files at your desired location
Note: Once the files from external hard drive are lost or deleted, then immediately stop using the hard drive. If you store new files on the drive from where the files are lost or deleted, then data recovery process becomes difficult or almost impossible to recover data
More about this recovery tool:
- Remo Recover retrieves data from external hard drive as well as computer’s internal hard drive, pen drive, USB flash drive, memory card, FireWire drive, etc. that are formatted, reformatted, corrupted, or damaged with utmost ease
- Supports external hard drive recovery on all popular versions of Windows OS including Windows 10, Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008, XP, Windows 2000, etc.
- It recovers data from various types of hard drive interfaces such as SATA, PATA, SCSI, IDE, SSD, etc. that are formatted with different file systems like FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, and ExFAT
- This utility has an ability to recover data from all major brands of hard drives such as Western Digital, Transcend, Toshiba, Iomega, Buffalo, etc.
Precautionary measures to prevent data loss:
- Cultivate the habit of taking data backup at regular intervals so that in case of data loss, you can easily get them back with backup copy
- Do not connect or transfer the files to your external hard drive from virus infected computers
- While formatting the external hard drive, make sure that you are choosing the right logical drive and not the wrong partition