Guide to Fix Micro SD card Not Formatted Error without Data Loss
So you encounter “card not formatted error” when connected your Micro SD card to PC. Such errors forcing you to think how to perform formatted Micro SD card recovery and resolve Micro SD card not formatted error without data loss? If you think practically then formatting is the only option to get rid of such error. Don’t worry and conclude that all the data is lost forever after formatting your memory card. Let’s analyze and understand this topic briefly.
What do you mean by Micro SD card not formatted error?
When you encounter “card not formatted’ error, you cannot access your memory card drive content. If you try to read the card, a computer will tell you that you need to format it before you use. If you don’t format the memory card, you can’t access your data but if you format it all the files will be lost.
Why does my Micro SD keeps asking me to format it?
SD memory card keeps asking you to format it due to several reasons. Let’s know the common causes that may lead to this error:
- Micro SD gets infected by virus / malware attack
- Improperly pulled out of Micro SD card could damage its file system
- Sudden power outage while transferring Micro SD card files
- Using the same Micro SD card drive on different operating system could corrupt the drive and make it inaccessible
Try these easy tips to fix “card not formatted” error
- Run anti-virus tool to check and fix issues on the Micro SD card
- Try connecting it to another port or different computer to check whether you can read your memory card files
Going to the concluding part, when you encounter not a formatted error on the Micro SD card, keep this in mind DO NOT format your card before you take out the data stored in it. As a matter of fact, the information in the memory card can be restored until and unless the files are not overwritten.