How to Retrieve Deleted OneNote Files
“Today morning I was working on exam study guide in OneNote 2016 version, and I had done several hours work on it since past few days. Everything was fine till ten minutes back. But ten minutes back I accidentally deleted it by pressing Delete button, which thrown me to a nightmare situation. How can I recover deleted OneNote files on my Windows 10 system? Please suggest me a solution to get my OneNote file back. Thank You!”
Like the situation explained above, deleting a page in OneNote by accident is the most common reasons for the OneNote files being disappeared from Windows computers. If you are a victim of the above said scenario, then don’t worry! As 2003, 2010, 2013, and 2016 versions of OneNote has a feature known as Notebook Recycle Bin, which allows you to restore the pages that you have deleted or lost under certain circumstances.
Manual method to recover deleted OneNote files:
- Just Open the Share tab where you have deleted or lost your recent OneNote pages
- Now, select Notebook Recycle Bin in the History group
- If you find your deleted OneNote files, then right click on that files tab that you want to restore and select Move or Copy command to put back your OneNote file in its original location
However, if you are using 2007 version of OneNote on your system, then it is not possible to restore deleted OneNote files by following the above procedure, as this version does not provide Notebook Recycle Bin feature. If this is the case, need not worry, as there is an alternative solution to retrieve deleted files OneNote on your Windows system. You can make use of Remo Recover software to recover deleted OneNote files when Recycle Bin feature is not available.
Follow these simple steps to recover deleted OneNote files:
Step 1: Download, install, and then launch the Remo Recover software on your computer. From the main screen, select “Recover Files” option to get back your deleted OneNote files
Step 2: In the next screen you will see two options “Recover Lost Files” and “Recover Deleted Files”. Click on “Recover Deleted Files” option to perform deleted OneNote files recovery
Step 3: Now the software displays a list of drives detected on your system. Choose the drive from where you have deleted your OneNote files and click on “Next” button to initiate recovery process
Step 4: Once the software completes the scanning and recovery process, it will displays the list of all recoverable OneNote files, which you can view in “File Type View” or “Data View”
Step 5: Now choose the files that you want to restore and save them on any desired location by clicking on “Save” button
How deletion of OneNote files occur on Windows computers?
- Unintentional deletion of OneNote files while removing unwanted stuffs using Shift + Delete combination keys on Windows machine
- Sudden system shutdown or power loss while working on OneNote files can result in deletion of files
- Improper usage of Cut and paste command to move OneNote files from one location to the other
- Dangerous virus or malware attacks on system may delete some crucial files that can include your OneNote files
- Formatting the drive containing OneNote files intentionally or accidentally without taking its data backup