Tutorial to Fix the Error “Microsoft Word (Protected View) has stopped working”
I am experiencing problem with Microsoft Office after the last update. I try to open Word or PowerPoint files on my system but I am continuously getting error message pop up on screen like “Microsoft Word (Protected View) has stopped working.”
In order to fix above mentioned problem just stay with us. Such kinds of problems are prone to MS Office 2013 and 2016. But it might be possible that Office 2010 and below also get affected with the problem. With this issue, all the Microsoft files get affected like Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Excel, Access, etc. However, let’s discuss the steps to fix the issue:
- Open the Microsoft file that you want to repair.
- Go to File Menu on the top left of the screen and choose option.
- Click on Trust Center which is in the bottom of the left pane.
- Press Trust Center Settings button and go to Protected View.
- Uncheck all the three boxes appear on screen and press Ok button.
- Press Ok on the main menu. Check whether the problem is fixed or still having same problem.
Once your problem is fixed then turn it on so that it provides some security features. This is recommended to provide you more security. However, there are several other issues after installing the latest upgrade of MS Office.
Sometimes after Microsoft Word update, you come across another problem that is your computer freezes. We have solution for this issue which is started after installation of update. First install the update and check whether the problem still persists with you. With the below mentioned steps you can check whether update is creating trouble to the users:
- Press Windows Icon+R and type cpl.
- Click Enter and Press on view installed updates on left pane of screen.
- Right click on update and uninstall the update in order to resolve the issue.
Such problems are mostly occurred in document which are downloaded through internet. You can also experience this kind of problem in the file that are stored in OneDrive. Sometimes it is hard to fix the problem with the manual steps. There are plenty of third party tools available in market to sort the issue with utmost ease. It is also tough task to peak right one from number of software. Sometimes Microsoft Office 2007 does not open files, in such conditions you can apply tool to fix the problem with utmost ease.