Using Free Download Manager With Chrome
Download manager: A download manager is a computer application that can be dedicated to perform the task of downloading and at times uploading some unrelated files from the Internet for storage. Few download managers can even be used to increase the download speeds by downloading from couple sources at a times. Usually, web browsers can be used to download managers incorporated as a specification they are distinguished by the fact complete, prioritize accurate, and unbroken downloads of details.
While some download managers are fully fledged programs dedicated to downloading any information over one or more protocols, many are integrated into installers or update managers and used to download parts of a specific program, examples include Google and Adobe’s update managers.
The issue is with the built-in download managers offered by browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and others is they don’t support resume of file downloads. If a file with large size download having resume support cancelled, then we cannot resume those file downloads and then we need to download that file from the beginning.
Description about Free Download Manager:
Whereas with external download managers like Free Download Manager large size file downloads can be easily downloaded by resuming the download even they were cancelled during the download. Free Download Manager (FDM), as the name suggests free application supports presumable downloads and multiple simultaneous downloads from popular browsers like IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari.
But once you installed FDM in your system with already installed browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari, it doesn’t simply picks up the downloads from these browsers. So we need to integrate FDM with these browsers.
Integrating Free Download Manager with Google Chrome
- After complete installation of download managers then browsers that were ready opened, In order to open FDM press the combination of ”Ctrl+O” keys or go for options menu in download mangers and click on ‘Settings’.
- On the left side in settings below ‘Downloads’, click on ‘Monitoring’ option on the right pane, select or check Google Chrome and ‘Silent Monitoring ‘and click ‘OK’ to save changes.
- Restart Chrome and install official FDM extension in Chrome browser even if not prompted
- FDM is associated with Google Chrome and now try to get the file by opening Google Chrome browser it will be shifted to FDM, and FDM will show the dialog window showing download file URL, download file location as shown below.
- Similarly, you need to select “Apple Safari” under monitoring in FDM settings to integrate Free Download Manager with Safari.